To create a Twitter account:
1. First Go to https://twitter.com/signup
2. Enter in your full name (or name of your company)
3. Enter a valid email address (this will be your log-in email address for Twitter)
4. Create a secure password
5. Click "Sign up for Twitter"
5. Choose a user name as you wish it to appear to your followers, then click "Create my account."
6. This will sign you into your new Twitter account, once logged in, click "Let's go!"
7. Uncheck "Popular accounts" and click "Continue."
8. You will now be prompted to begin following other Tweeters. Twitter will guess at some people you may know based on your email address. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes you may not recognize anyone on that list. Remove the suggestions you do not want to connect with by clicking the "X" next to each name. Once finished, click "Follow # & continue."
9. (Optional) You can now import emails from AOL, Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo. If you have one of these accounts follow the appropriate steps to import. If this does not apply to you, click "Skip this step" in the lower right corner.
10. To finalize your account, you should have received an email requesting to confirm your account. View the email and click on the link to confirm your Twitter account. If you did not receive this email, click "Resend Confirmation" within your Twitter account.
11. Lastly, click on your name on the lefthand side of the page to view your Profile Page. Click "Edit Profile" on the righthand side of the page. Here you can upload a Profile Picture, Cover Photo, and add your basic work information (Bio, Location, Website).
Congratulations! You have just successfully created a Twitter account.
Want more help with Twitter? Check out these articles: